the homestay accommodation
Extending the duration of stay is common; however, not a problem. Just inform the director, advise your host family, and arrangements will be made to extend your stay.
Be prepared to have the time of your life and experience Spanish immersion at its best!
Do not forget to specify on the Spanish Por Favor Application any special preferences like dietary requirements, any known allergies, smoking or non-smoking home, family with kids, single woman with no kids, and/or anything else that is going to contribute to making your homestay experience a quality one.
We will do our very best to accommodate your requests, whatever they may be.
This option is when the student lives with a native family, shares meals, facilities, and practices Spanish in a traditional and friendly environment.
One of the benefits is that you will have to apply the Spanish you know in your day-to-day interactions with your host family. This real-life exposure to Spanish will increase your confidence and ability to communicate in Spanish!
In addition, all Affiliate Spanish Language Schools and homestay families have a "Spanish Only" policy that is maintained.
In conclusion , the homestay experience allows students to practice and improve on the Spanish they learned in class.
Furthermore, it exposes you, first hand, to the culture, food, language and way of life of your host family.
Our Homestay Policy
• All homestay families are carefully screened and must comply with our Affiliate Spanish Language School's and SPF’s strict homestay policies. These policies were established to guarantee a safe, clean and quality homestay experience.
• All homestay families are evaluated by the students who have lived there and must earn superior scores to maintain their active status.
• All homestay families *enjoy having students as their guests and most have been doing this for many years. *Remember this, and know that you will be looked at as an addition to the family..
• Specify on your application any special considerations or preferences. We will do our very best to accommodate you.
• Most homestay houses are within walking distance to the school and all are no longer than a 60-minute walk or bus/train ride.
• Students can share or have their own private room.
• The homestay includes: change of bed linen weekly and clean towels every three days or before when requested.
• Breakfast and dinner are included and will always include local fresh fruit and vegetables.
• All host families are native Spanish speaking families and are advised not to speak English. This is guaranteed to be Spanish immersion at its best!
• You are given a house key and can come and go as you please, but please be considerate about each family’s rules.
• If you choose to stay longer with your host family this, again, is no problem! Just ask your family and inform the school management.
© 2011 All rights reserved. Think Abroad, LLC.