spanish program for teens in cuernavaca, mexico
This program is offered year-round and is featured at our Affiliate Spanish Schools in Cuernavaca, Mexico.
Students from age 13 - 17 can participate in this program; however, each student must have written parental/guardian consent before enrolling.
Please read the following overview of the "Spanish for Teens" program.
Section One: Formal Class
9:00 - 10:00 - Spanish Structure (grammar)
10:00 - 11:00 - Spanish Drills (according to language level)
11:00 - 12:00 - Dictation and oral comprehension
During this section of immersion education, the students will participate in different cultural, social and artistic activities. All classes will focus on oral, auditory, reading and written comprehension. Textbooks are in Spanish. The primary aim of this course is oral competence and functional fluency.
The teen students will make hand crafts, take salsa dance classes, sing classic Spanish songs and participate in other activities to enhance their experience and learning of the Spanish language.
Section Two: Field Trips
12:00 - 3:00
During this section of immersion education, the students will visit local, cultural and historical sites. Students will take public transportation or vans with teachers and interact with locals using Spanish, while learning and experiencing the culture and actively participating in the social life of the host country. Some of these field trips cost small fees.
| teen program in Cuernavaca, Mexico
|Tuition per week
|Homestay per week (2-meals)
|3-hours formal classes
||included in tuition
|3-hours field trips
||included in tuition
|TOTAL HOURS OF CLASSES
||30 per Week
Sample Field Trip
- Monday: Cuernavaca Tour. Students take a street car, like in like San Francisco, to get to know Cuernavaca and it´s surroundings.
- Tuesday: Muros Museum. Students will visit this museum where they will see art from Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera'.
- Wednesday: Tepoztlán Tour. Students will take public transportation with teachers to experiences this town, which is is famous for the remains of a temple built on top of the nearby Tepozteco mountain, as well as for the exotic ice-cream flavors prepared by the townspeople.
- Thursday: Jardín Borda. Students will experience and learn about the life and legends of Maximilian and Carlota´s.
- Friday: Cortés Palace and surrounding markets and plazas. Students will explore this historical area.
Section Three: Supper with Mexican family
3:00 - 5:00
Section Four: Free time
6:00 - 7:30
*If you would like to contact parents of the kids who participated, please contact us and we will facilitate this.